Bright Blessings, Witches and Witchlets! In another installment of our Tarot Spread Series, we’re talking all about love spreads. We’ll be focusing on what constitutes a love spread and different ones you can try out and add to your practice. Let’s dive in!
WHAT IS A LOVE TAROT SPREAD?
A love spread can aid those looking for clarification concerning:
- Current relationship issues
- Whether or not they’re ready for a relationship
- How to overcome love obstacles
- Where they stand with potential lovers
- Relationship potential
- Growth within a partnership
HOW TO PREPARE FOR A TAROT READING
So how do you do a love spread? First, let’s go over a few suggestions to yield the best possible results when reading the Tarot.
- Breathe. Take a minute or two and perform some deep breathing exercises. This has been shown to decrease stress, which in turn allows you to really tune into your body. Sink into yourself and become present in the moment.
- Cleanse your deck. This will lead to clear answers from the cards. You can do it in any way you prefer, from knocking to smoke, crystals, or sounds to moonlight or sunlight, or visualization.
- Choose the spread you want to do. There are a lot of love-oriented spreads out there that address a multitude of situations, problems, and questions you may have. It’s important to choose the best one that will match with the type of guidance you are seeking.
DIFFERENT LOVE TAROT SPREADS
The following list of Tarot spreads is meant as a source of inspiration. While this list is not exhaustive, it does offer some idea of love spreads you might want to try. You may even find yourself coming up with your own spreads. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
-1 card pull for a snapshot of your current love life
-Your Feelings | Your Partner’s Feelings | Relationship Dynamic
-What Brings You Together | What Pulls You Apart | What You Should Focus On
-What You Want | What Your Partner Wants | The Future of Your Relationship
-Your Role | Their Role | Past | Present | Future
-How You See Them | How They See You | Relationship Potential
POSITIVE CARDS TO LOOK OUT FOR IN LOVE SPREADS
As Tarot spreads are just one facet of relationship readings, knowing the key cards to look for and their (typical) meanings is just as important. Remember that the Tarot is always open to intuitive interpretation and what one reader sees, another will not. The following corresponds to cards in the upright position.
MAJAOR ARCANA LOVE CARDS
-The Lovers VI: signals a perfect union, attraction, love, and harmony
-The Sun XIX: represents happiness and fulfillment within a relationship
MINOR ARCANA LOVE CARDS
-Ace of Cups: new relationship on the horizon
-Two of Cups: signifies a strong union between two people or a reunion with a former lover
-Nine of Cups: points to a possible engagement or marriage
-Ten of Cups: relationships are balanced, calm, and loving
-Ten of Pentacles: abundance and luck for the couple
DETRIMENTAL CARDS TO LOOK OUT FOR IN LOVE SPREADS
Just as much as there are cards that point to easy sailing, there are cards that indicate a storm is brewing on the horizon. Again, interpretation is the name of the game here; but the following is to offer some insight into common cards that are typically read as blockages in love spreads. The following corresponds to cards in the upright position.
MAJOR ARCANA LOVE BLOCKAGE CARDS
-Hanged Man XII: points to stagnation in a relationship
-The Devil XV: someone in the relationship is toxic, manipulative, and unfaithful
-The Tower XVI: signifies breaking up, separating, or seeking divorce
MINOR ARCANA LOVE BLOCKAGE CARDS
-Three of Swords: points to heartache, confusion, and betrayal
-Ten of Swords: represents infidelity and dishonesty
-Eight of Cups: let go of that which no longer serves you
-Ten of Wands: suggests a struggle in the near future
As you can see, love Tarot spreads can offer a lot of insight into a myriad of challenges you may be seeking guidance for. I hope you’ve enjoyed this post. Let me know in the comments if you’ve tried any of these spreads or if you have your own you like to use in your practice. As always, Bright Blessings and Happy Crafting!