Hi and hello fellow Witches, Witchlings, and Witchlets! In today’s installment of our Tarot Spread Series, we’re talking all about spiritial spreads. We’ll be focusing on what constitutes a spiritual spread and some examples that you can try out and add to your practice. Let’s begin.
WHAT IS A SPIRITUAL TAROT SPREAD?
A spiritual spread can aid those looking for clarification concerning:
- Discovery of the self
- How to develop and grow as a person
- Decision making
- Dream interpretation
- Lessons from your past
HOW TO PREPARE FOR A TAROT READING
So how do you do a spiritual spread? First, let’s go over a few suggestions to yield the best possible results when reading the Tarot.
- Breathe. Take a minute or two and perform do some deep breathing exercises. This has been shown to decrease stress, which in turn allows you to really tune into your body. Sink into yourself and become present in the moment.
- Cleanse your deck. This will lead to clear answers from the cards. You can do it in any way you prefer, from knocking to smoke, crystals, sounds to moonlight, sunlight, or visualization.
- Choose the spread you want to do. There are a lot of career/financial-oriented spreads out there that address a multitude of situations, problems, and questions you may have. It’s important to choose the best one that will match with the type of guidance you are seeking.
DIFFERENT SPIRITUAL TAROT SPREADS
The following list of Tarot spreads is meant as a source of inspiration. While this list is not exhaustive, it does offer some ideas for spiritual spreads you might want to try. You may even find yourself coming up with your own spreads. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
-Motivation | Desired Outcome | Values | Option A Outcome | Option B Outcome
-Past Event | Dream Theme | Waking Life Obstacle | Lesson
-Last year’s major lesson | Last year’s biggest achievement | What you let go of last year | What to expect this year | This year’s biggest challenge | This year’s theme | Advice for this year |Transition
-Your Current Need | How You Regard Your Need | How Your Need Isn’t Being Met | How To Meet Your Need On Your Own
-How You’re Perceived | What You’re Ashamed Of | What Your Divine Feminine Says | What Your Divine Masculine Says | What Your True Desire Is
-What Makes You Unique | Accomplishment You’re Proud Of | How You Help Others | Your Skills | Your Insecurities | Best Self-Love Practice For You
POSITIVE CARDS TO LOOK OUT FOR IN SPIRITUAL SPREADS
As Tarot spreads are just one facet of spiritual readings, knowing the key cards to look for and their (typical) meanings is just as important. Remember that the Tarot is always open to intuitive interpretation and what one reader sees, another will not. The following corresponds to cards in the upright position.
MAJOR ARCANA SPIRITUAL CARDS
- The Magician I: points to a connection with the Divine
- The Hierophant V: spiritual attainment
- The Star XVII: signals a purpose behind spiritually and inspiration
MINOR ARCANA SPIRITUAL CARDS
- Ace of Cups: signifies new feelings, spirituality, and intuition
- Page of Wands: a spiritual journey
DETRIMENTAL CARDS TO LOOK OUT FOR IN SPIRITUAL SPREADS
Just as much as there are cards that point to easy sailing, there are cards that indicate a storm is brewing on the horizon. Again, interpretation is the name of the game here; but the following is to offer some insight into common cards that are typically read as blockages in career and financial spreads. The following corresponds to cards in the reversed position.
MAJOR ARCANA SPIRITUAL BLOCKAGE CARDS
- The Hermit IX: signals that you’re not putting enough effort into spiritual growth
- The Tower XVI: you know you need to change, but you’re scared of the growing pains
MINOR ARCANA SPIRITUAL BLOCKAGE CARDS
- Two of Cups: points to an imbalance between your inner spirituality and outer self
- Seven of Cups: signals a lack of purpose, feeling lost, and confusion
As you can see, spiritual Tarot spreads can offer a lot of insight into a myriad of challenges you may be seeking guidance for. I hope you’ve enjoyed this post. Let me know in the comments if you’ve tried any of these spreads or if you have your own you like to use in your practice. As always, Bright Blessings and Happy Crafting!